“There’s a happy feeling nothing
In the world can buy
As they pass around the coffee
And the pumpkin pie” – Sleigh Ride by LeRoy Anderson and Mitchell Parish
The holidays are a time for indulging in sweet treats, festive drinks and goodies galore, and I’ve put together a short list of local spots to find all of the things to make your Christmas table very merry!
1. Silver Spoon Bake Shop makes delicious cakes year-round, but this time of year they are featuring a holiday menu with flavors such as gingerbread, red velvet, holiday flower designer party fours and peppermint mochas.
2. If you’re making an edible gift basket for friends or family, head to Crave Artisan Market for a wide selection of Certified SC products, cookies, crackers, soup mixes, jams, and sauces. Crave just launched its online ordering option so you can order, pay in advance and pick up quickly if you can’t dine in.
3. Have you heard of Adam’s Apples Mercantile? Theresa Adams has been making apple butters for 20 years, and her jams would be perfect to serve on Christmas morning or given as a gift.
4. For a taste of European Christmas, The Gourmet Shop, carries a variety of international products, and this week (Dec.12) they will be hosting an Italian Christmas evening featuring samples and special pricing on Panettone, Italian Prosecco and more. Buon Natale!
5. Hip Hip Hooray for cake pops! Hippo Pops formerly Celebrate Soda City are tasty treats that are fun to eat too. Holiday flavors include: peppermint brownie, Christmas funfetti, hot chocolate, Mexican hot chocolate and holiday petit fours. If you’re needing an “Elf on the Shelf” activity, HippoPops is now offering an Elf on the Shelf bundle including two Christmas Funfetti cake pops, and it comes personalized from your elf. No creativity or elf movement required. You can place your order online and pick up locally at Duck Duck Goose or Blush Boutique & Home, and mention Little Lovely when you place your order for 15% off your second box during the month of December. Also stay tuned for a Little Lovely Giveaway later this week for a chance to win your very own Elf on the Shelf bundle and an assorted holiday six-pack of pops!
6. To make spirits bright, try a creative holiday cocktail from Motor Supply Bistro, which is celebrating 30 years in Columbia’s Vista this month. Their mixologist, Joshua Streetman, is behind creative concoctions like this Bourbon Hibiscus Bull.
7. For a warmer drink visit Blum Coffee on Devine to cozy up with their holiday flavors- peppermint mocha, gingersnap and brown sugar sage.
8. Is it even Christmas without cookies? Blue Flour Bakery offers an assortment of shortbread, gingerbread and cookie bars for everyone on the nice list. Don’t miss their cookie decorating contest. You choose a kit of six (3″) cookies, sprinkles and frosting to design your own, and the Blue Flour team will select a winner on Dec. 22. The prize is a tray of 100 mini cookies!
9. A sweet surcee is The Happy Cafe’s famous caramel sauce. Add a small apple to give as a gift or eat it right out of the jar with the enclosed mini spoon. Their caramel cakes and mini cupcakes are a welcomed addition to any holiday gathering. ￼