Earlier this month, I celebrated my birthday in stay-at-home style with a backyard movie night under the stars. Twinkle lights, popcorn, and an 80’s classic on the big screen with a few of our neighborhood “quaran-team” made it one of my best birthdays ever, certainly a memorable one!
1. Purchase a projector and screen to display your movie.
2. Create a lounge-like environment to enjoy the movie. Arrange your outdoor furniture as you would indoors, add throw pillows and blankets to make it cozy.
3. Add lighting to set the tone, the more twinkle lights, the better in my opinion.
5. Pick a flick that’s a crowd pleaser. We went with “The Princess Bride” since it has action, comedy, romance and nostalgia.
7. Have fun and enjoy the show!