Anyone else observing cocktail hour more regularly this summer? A glass of rosé is usually my go to; however, these sweltering summer nights call for something more refreshing. A spritzer hits the spot – light, a little fizz and a chance to get creative by adding seasonal fruit.
Tonight’s spritzer features berries and a little basil. See below for this recipe and a few others and click here to link to some cocktail essentials.
Berry Basil Spritzer
1. Fill two glasses halfway with ice.
2. Add your fruit- blueberries and white cherries.
3. Pour three ounces of white wine of your choice (Pinot Grigio works well) into each glass and top off with about one ounce of tonic water (or more if you desire).
4. Stir and add basil for garnish.
5. Toast and enjoy! 🥂
Lemon Lime Spritzer
1. Pour six ounces of chilled white wine into your glass.
2. Add two ounces of club soda.
3. Add a slice of lemon and lime and enjoy
Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer
1. Fill champagne flute with 1/2 ounces rosemary simple syrup (a little more time intensive).
2. Add 1 ounce blood orange juice.
4. Add 1/2 ounces vodka.
5. Top with champagne or sparkling wine.
6. Add rosemary and orange slice for garnish.